Katie Derham interviewed Gareth Hughes, Chief Executive of Marston Holdings, last month.
In a wide-ranging interview, they discuss:
• the Group’s recent acquisitions of Scott & Co and Moreton Smith;
• the importance of values, culture and a customer service ethos in debt recovery;
• Marston’s ground-breaking Body Worn Video technology;
• agent and staff diversity, and the encouragement of talent;
• how effective enforcement underpins a fair society;
• the success of the Tribunals, Courts & Enforcement Act reforms;
• the role of the CBI Public Services Strategy Board;
• the need for reform of the civil courts;
• why a stronger mid-tier supplier base bidding for larger government contracts is desirable; and
• his vision for the next five years.
In the January edition of Credit Today, Gareth Hughes discusses the importance of customer service in credit collections, setting out ways in which Marston engages with customers, advice agencies and other stakeholders to deliver improved outcomes.
In a recent case study, the British Standards Institution (BSI) discusses how by implementing an integrated quality management approach we have ensured our systems, controls and oversight framework are structured to deliver quality across our operations.
Marston Holdings is pleased to announce that Burlington Group has joined the Marston family of companies. Both regulators of Burlington Group have approved the change of control.
Katie Derham interviewed Gareth Hughes, Chief Executive of Marston Holdings.
Marston Holdings (Marston) is pleased to announce it has been awarded Excellence in Staff Development at the IRRV Performance Awards 2015.
The Performance Awards acknowledges those that raise standards of service and that demonstrate an improvement over a range of performance indicators.
Marston has led the way in best practice, demonstrating excellence in education, training and development.
Marston Holdings is pleased to announce that Moreton Smith has joined the Group.
Moreton Smith is an international debt collection company, headquartered in the City of London, with a multi-lingual contact centre and a debt collection and enforcement partnership network across 120 countries.
We are pleased to confirm that Gareth Hughes has been appointed to the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) Public Services Strategy Board. Gareth has also just been awarded a Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM).
Elizabeth Filkin, CBE, Chair of Marston Holdings’ independent Advisory Group, presented one of the Good Scrutiny Awards at the Centre for Public Scrutiny (CfPS) annual conference, which took place between 2 – 3 June 2015.
The annual conference, sponsored by Marston Holdings, included an evening dedicated to the CfPS Good Scrutiny Awards. Elizabeth presented the Overall Impact Award, which was won by Lincoln City Council. The Councils’ submission was based on their anti-poverty strategy, how they achieved real results and involved many voluntary organisations.