Katie Derham interviewed Gareth Hughes, Chief Executive of Marston Holdings, last month.
In a wide-ranging interview, they discuss:
• the Group’s recent acquisitions of Scott & Co and Moreton Smith;
• the importance of values, culture and a customer service ethos in debt recovery;
• Marston’s ground-breaking Body Worn Video technology;
• agent and staff diversity, and the encouragement of talent;
• how effective enforcement underpins a fair society;
• the success of the Tribunals, Courts & Enforcement Act reforms;
• the role of the CBI Public Services Strategy Board;
• the need for reform of the civil courts;
• why a stronger mid-tier supplier base bidding for larger government contracts is desirable; and
• his vision for the next five years.