To become the industry’s leading judicial services Group and the preferred choice for government, business and individuals that need a professional partner to deliver the most effective, firm and fair services to customers who owe money.
Our role carries a number of responsibilities that we understand clearly and we will continue to carry out our duties with the utmost care.
We believe it is our duty:
- to recover monies owed to the taxpayer, or to businesses, from customers able to pay the monies owed;
- to identify customers that are vulnerable, and to deal with these cases sensitively;
- to make it easy for customers to get access to free and independent debt advice;
- to treat customers respectfully, whether on the phone or in person;
- to engage with advice sector representatives;
- to apply only proportionate fees to customers;
- to respond quickly to queries or complaints;
- to protect both our agents and our customers;
- to be transparent, open and honest; and
- to admit when we make mistakes, and to rectify them quickly when they occur.
We have a long-term vision for the Group, and underpinning that vision is our capacity to deliver enhanced returns to clients whilst engineering out systemic risk and increasing compliance.
As part of this process we will continue to work with:
- the advice sector, and we will support the government in introducing the regulation that will transform public perception of what is a vital public service;
- the judiciary, in particular developing our dialogue in relation to how county court judgments might be recovered more effectively in future;
- local authorities, to ensure that the implications of welfare reform are worked through carefully; and
- corporate partners, to develop collaborative and innovative first generation outsourcing partnerships for both central government and local government opportunities.
Our work will continue to bring direct benefit:
For taxpayers, by raising recovery rates for unpaid court fines, national and local taxes, road traffic penalties and other debts, supporting the effective and efficient delivery of justice and securing revenue due to government that is essential for the delivery of local and national public services.
For businesses, by recovering unpaid business debts faster and with greater use of amicable and compliant procedures, protecting clients’ brand reputation, securing amounts owed in reduced timeframes and helping small businesses to continue trading with rapid recovery of cash.
For individuals, by helping employees to fast track enforcement of their unpaid Employment Tribunal Awards and helping individuals to professionally enforce their court-sanctioned private debts and rights.
For our teams, by providing a positive working environment that offers great career opportunities for motivated individuals and professional, fair and attractive rewards based on performance and equal opportunity.
Our culture is reflected in encouraging behaviours that embody our five core values
We have five core values that we put at the heart of our thinking.
We demonstrate respect: respect for each other, and for the customers with whom we interact. We do this by:
- working hard to embed the right corporate culture, with specific training on equality, diversity and people skills development;
- developing a customer service focus;
- looking at more interactive ways of engaging with customers, including live webchat and telephone-based advice;
- listening to staff and agents through regular surveys; and
- continued advice sector engagement.
We demonstrate transparency by being open in the way we do business, and by making information publicly available. This is why:
- key points from the Advisory Group meetings will be published on our website;
- the last eight years’ annual reports are published online; and
- we have our client accounts audited every quarter by Grant Thornton, and then we publish the client account audit confirmation letters. This is not a client requirement – it’s something we feel is good practice.
We demonstrate accountability by taking ownership and responsibility for our actions. The remit of the expanded Advisory Group reflects this commitment.
We demonstrate professionalism through a commitment to achieve the standards expected of us, and that we expect of ourselves.
We demonstrate innovation through a smarter, more collaborative ways of working, such as:
- working with PayPal in relation to a mobile app for field agent credit card transactions, and to be able to process PayPal payments on our website;
- setting up an internal Change team to embed lean systems thinking internally;
- cracking the logistical issues in relation to full rollout of Body Worn Videos; and
- developing a robust, integrated IT platform for an end-to-end collection system.
We work hard to make sure that there is no disconnect between the company’s vision and values and the actions of our people.
See how we’ve implemented these values: